Fri, Oct 21|
UU Church in Charleston
Charleston Palmetto Journey of Hope
The SC Department of Corrections is trying to revive the death penalty in South Carolina. What are the consequences of these decisions? Come and listen to those most impacted by state sponsored execution.
Time & Location
Oct 21, 2022, 10:00 AM – 1:00 PM EDT
UU Church in Charleston, 4 Archdale St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
About the event
The 2022 Palmetto Journey of Hope is the first of its kind in SC history, meant to educate South Carolinians about the realities of the death penalty. It is a 3-day pilgrimage through Charleston, Columbia, and Greenville featuring some of the most prominent voices in the US anti-death penalty movement. This year's featured speakers include:
- Ali Franz and Rosalind Major, staff attorneys at Justice 360, who will share the current state of the death penalty in South Carolina
- Shujaa Graham, a lecturer, speaker, and former death row resident
- Rev. Jack Sullivan, Jr., Executive Director of Ohio Council of Churches and brother of a murder victim
- Terri Steinberg, a board member of Journey of Hope whose son was formerly incarcerated on death row
- Stephen Compton, a retired social worker and former employee with the SC Department of Corrections
Snacks and drinks will be provided by SCADP and there will be a 30 minute Q&A session at the end of the event.
Palmetto Journey of Hope