Palmetto Journey of Hope
In 2022, SCADP began an inaugural speaking tour across South Carolina through an organization called Journey of Hope. The mission of Journey of Hope is to empower the voices of murder victim family members towards the abolition of the death penalty. Together with other anti-death penalty voices (former death row residents, death row family members, department of corrections employees, capital defense lawyers, and law enforcement), Journey of Hope has sparked legislative change across the country. The Palmetto Journey of Hope is an event that will touch your heart and motivate you to action. Check below to see if there's an event coming near you!
- Sun, Oct 15St. James United Methodist ChurchOct 15, 6:00 PM – 7:00 PMSt. James United Methodist Church, 213 N Lanford Rd, Spartanburg, SC 29301, USA
- Mon, Oct 16Wofford College (Room TBA)Oct 16, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PMWofford College (Room TBA), 429 N. Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303Oct 16, 5:00 PM – 8:00 PMWofford College (Room TBA), 429 N. Church Street, Spartanburg, SC 29303Join us in viewing the documentary "The Worst Crime," followed by a panel discussion featuring Rev. Hillary Taylor (Executive Director of SCADP), Pastor Jimmy MacPhee (a Death Row Survivor) and SueZann Bosler (a Murder Victim Family Member).
- Mon, Oct 16USC Law School (Room TBA)Oct 16, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMUSC Law School (Room TBA), 1525 Senate Street, Columbia, SC 29201Oct 16, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMUSC Law School (Room TBA), 1525 Senate Street, Columbia, SC 29201Join us in hearing the stories of the people most impacted by the death penalty. Tonight's event features Sherrerd Hartness (a victim family member), Moses Peterson (a death row survivor), and a team member from Justice 360.
- Wed, Oct 18Location is TBDOct 18, 7:00 PM – 8:00 PMLocation is TBD
- Sat, Oct 21GreenvilleOct 21, 11:00 AM – Oct 22, 12:30 PMGreenville, 9 Beth Dr, Greenville, SC 29609, USA